top of page


When can I pick up and drop off my hired campervan?

Pick up slots are normally between 2pm and 430pm. we will inform you what time we have available.

Drop off must be before 9am to allow prep for that camper to go out in the afternoon

Is insurance included in the hire price?

Yes, all our prices quoted online and otherwise include ‘Fully Comprehensive Insurance’ within the UK for one driver. On request (Optional Extra) a second driver may be added to the policy providing they meet the necessary requirements set out in our Terms and Conditions.


There is an extra cost for this service, please see our Optional Extras for more information.


Are personal belongings covered by the insurance?

No, the insurance provided with the hire does not cover your personal possessions. We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover this, as indeed you would for any holiday.

Can I add an additional driver to the insurance?

Yes, again discuss this with us at the time of booking or book an additional driver via the Optional Extras on the website.

Do I need to provide any form of identification when booking one of your campers?

Yes, you will need to provide your driving licence and a form of identification such as a utility bill or bank statement that proves your current address. You will also need a valid credit/debit card in order that we can take an imprint of this, against the standard security deposit of £750.


This will be deducted from your card until your safe return of our vehicle in an acceptable condition. This is very important as should you fail to produce any of the above you will be unable to take the vehicle out on hire. This is a stipulation from our insurers.

I am under 25 years/over 70 years old with a full driving licence, can I hire your campervans?

You cannot hire one of our campers if you are under the age of 21 years. Maximum age is 75 years, and you must have held your full driving license for at least 2 years. We can still insure you if you have 3 points on your license and no more than one accident in the last 3 years. We will need information to confirm the driving records of any driver. Simply discuss this with us beforehand and we will contact our insurers on your behalf. The insurance excess will be an additional £250 for drivers over 70 years of age or under the age of 25. Please see our Optional Extras for further information.

I hold a full driving license which is not issued in the UK, can I still hire your vans?

Yes, we welcome visitors from outside the UK. Contact us beforehand and we will discuss this on your behalf with our insurers. The additional charge is £5.00 per day. We ask that we see your driving license equivalence and that you provide your passport on collection of our campervan.


I have points on my licence can I still hire one or your campervans?

Yes, you can still hire one of our VW campers if your points are for a “lesser” offence e.g. speeding, providing they do not exceed 3 points. If your points are for a serious offence our insurer requires prior notification. Please contact us prior to booking if you are unsure and we will discuss your cover with our insurers on your behalf. Please see our Optional Extras for more information.

What if I damage the camper or am involved in a road accident?

Our main concern is that all of your party are ok. If you are involved in a road accident we ask that you contact the Police to report it and are guided by them in any procedures that are required. We understand that genuine minor bumps and scrapes can happen and we ask that you contact us straight away, as this will not only allow you to continue your adventure at ease, but will also allow us to prepare for any repair to the campers on your return.


What happens if I breakdown?
Our vehicles have been modernised to reduce the possibility of a break down. Our vehicles are fully covered by roadside recovery and relay. If the vehicle cannot be repaired at roadside then it will need to be recovered back to Colin's Campers in Westbury.

Can I safely transport my children in your campers?
All the self-drive campers are fitted with modern inertia reel seat belts on the front seats. On the rear seat there are either one  or two modern inertia reel seat belts at each side (depending on which vehicle), and one or two lap-belts. Please bear this in mind if you are bringing children’s car seats, that large car seats may not fit our campers. Please note that booster seats cannot be used with a lap belt. However, a child/booster seat can be fitted in the front passenger seat. The campers are not fitted with Isofix.


Can I bring my dog?

Yes you are welcome to bring up to 2 well behaved dogs, we just ask that you bring some clean dog blankets with you to protect the seats. We charge an additional £5 per day per dog.

Can I bring my own bicycle?

Yes, no problem. We can provide you with a four cycle bike rack at an extra cost. Please see our Optional Extras for further information.

Can I take the camper anywhere in the UK or abroad?

No. Only England and Wales. You are allowed a maximum of 100 miles travel for every day purchased. Ferry ports are prohibited.

Can I leave my car with you while I am away?
Yes, you may leave your vehicle with us free of charge but at your own risk.

What time can I collect and return the camper?

You can collect your camper 2pm and 430pm 2pm on the day of your hire at a prearranged time by us, although this can normally be negotiated. You MUST deliver your camper prior to 9am on the day of return.


Please return the van by the agreed time as it may be going out on another holiday later on that day. Please allow sufficient time to get back to our office so that you do not push the van too hard trying to get back in a hurry. If for genuine reasons you cannot get to us at the stipulated times, please let us know as soon as possible by telephone, and alternative arrangements may be made.

Colin's Campers Logo
bottom of page